Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Rat!!!!!

We had our Bible lesson and feeding program yesterday. Over 80 kids showed up. That number just keeps getting bigger and bigger every week.
We're all sitting in the field listen to the Haitian pastor when all of a sudden a giant rat ran past us. Of course, like any sane person, I screamed and ran around in circles. My children, however, ran after the disgusting thing! And caught it!!! No kidding! One little boy caught a live rat with his bare hands. They stomped on it's head until it was dead and then proceeded to throw it at each other. What kind of children are these?!?! I was yelling at them to stop and come back and sit down when I noticed one boy crying. Sure enough, he had been bitten. After I explained to him that this is what happens with you hold rats, I cleaned up is hand and gave him a band-aid. Robert prayed over him for protection against rabies.
How in the world am I going to raise these children. Lord help me...lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment